How to Stand Out from Your Competitors Without Spending Tons of Time and Money on Research
My dearest entrepreneurs,
I know your business idea is dynamite. You’ve got so much to offer. So much that makes your business unique, and special, and worth working with.
Whether you call it your ‘competitive advantage,’ your ‘differentiating factors,’ your ‘unique value proposition’ (UVP), your ‘unique selling proposition’ (USP) – all that jargon is just about one thing: what makes your business unique. What sets you apart – from your competitors.
That’s why doing a formal competitive analysis is such an important part of starting any business.
“You need to know what sets you apart from your competitors — what makes your business and what you offer unique.”
What is a competitive analysis
Why do a competitive analysis
This training is for you if…
WHAT IS A COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
A competitive analysis, or competitive landscape scan, is taking a hard look at, well, your competitors.
In a competitive analysis, you look at all the key aspects of your competitors’ businesses – from things like the price of their products and services, to what they offer, to how they present themselves.
I tell my entrepreneurs to look at both peer competitors (those who are close to where you are now in your business), and aspirational competitors (businesses that are at the stage you want to be at in 5-10 years).
“To be able to take advantage of gaps and opportunities in the market, you first need to know your competitors.”
WHY DO A COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS
It’s important to take a hard look at your competition. As an entrepreneur, you need to be an expert on your field, and that includes knowing your competition.
Once you start looking at your competition with a fine tooth comb, you’ll be able to identify gaps and opportunities – unfilled needs in the market that YOUR business can fill! You’ll see service and product areas that are saturated, and realize that maybe you want to stay away from those areas. You might see cool initiatives your ‘competitors’ are doing, and reach out to them to see if they can become collaborators. You might come across cool conferences and events and realize your business should be there!
Knowing your competition is going to help you realize what is unique, different, and special about your business. You’ll be able to see what your competitive advantage / unique value proposition / differentiating factors are. And that’s the special sauce that’s going to become part of your brand, your value proposition, your messaging – and attract the right clients for you.
This workshop is for you if…
- You have an idea for a service-based business, you know you have something amazing to offer, and you know you need to stand out from your competitors to succeed.
- You want to make sure you’re setting your business up for success. You want to do things ‘right’ the first time around, and not realize after many months and thousands of dollars that some simple research could have saved you a ton of time and effort.
- You know it’s important to understand how you stack up against your competitors, and you want to learn how to set yourself apart.
In the training, you’ll learn…
- Why it’s so important to do competitor research in the early stages of starting your business.
- How to do simple and effective competitor research that doesn’t take tons of time or money. Trust me, I spent four years at a top-three global ad agency doing competitor research on multi-million dollar initiatives for US government and Fortune 500 clients.
- How to interpret your competitor research so you can find – and leverage – market gaps and opportunities where your business will thrive.
- The free competitor landscape scan method – in fact, you’ll get my competitive landscape scan template for free. You can start using it IMMEDIATELY. This is the same template that I used to launch my business to six figures in less than a year. Up until now, this template has only been available inside my Zero to Launch program.
“Examining your competitors is going to show you areas where you may not want to compete, opportunities for your buisness you didn’t even realize existed, and what truly sets your brand and business apart.”
Investment: The training is just $77. A ridiculously cheap price to pay to be able to set your business up for success…FOREVER. And learn an incredibly valuable skill that you can take with you. Just think how many sales this will be for you!
Can’t wait to see you at the training and answer your questions! Hit me up on Instagram at @duraca.strategic if you have any questions ;p Make sure you join my slack fam – a free community for budding entrepreneurs from all over the world.